DPMS .308 Rifles
DPMS (Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services) was founded in 1985 by Randy Luth as a small government contract consulting company. The company served as a precision machine shop manufacturing M-16, M-14 and M203 parts for Army contracts. During this time, Mr. Luth also brokered M-16/AR-15 Mil Spec parts for the commercial markets. Years later, DPMS began focusing on the sale of .45/1911 & AR-15 parts, kits and accessories. As DPMS began designing and manufacturing rifle accessories, it became obvious that an acquisition was the best path to continued growth. A manufacturer of lower receivers was purchased and, with DPMS’ ability to machine its own precision barrels, the DPMS line of AR-15/M-16 rifles was born. They are known for the Panther LR .308T. Today, DPMS Firearms is located in St. Cloud, Minnesota and ranks as the second-largest manufacturer of AR-15 rifles. DPMS currently holds four U.S. patents for innovative AR-15 rifle products. DPMS firearms and patented accessories are currently in use worldwide by law enforcement agencies, military personnel and civilians, including U.S. Border Patrol officers and America's top competitive shooters and big game hunters.