TAVOR SAR Flattop 16.5" Barrel Left Hand Model
TAVOR SAR Flattop 16.5" Barrel Black Finish Left Hand Model
At the end of the 1982 Israel-Lebanon War arose an understanding that the modern battlefield had changed. One of the conclusions from the war, particularly relevant to the small arms industry, was that the battle had moved from open field conflicts to close-quarters engagements – and there was a need for a seamless transition from daylight to nighttime capability on a single mission. Out of this understanding, and after more than a decade of collaboration and testing with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) - the TAVOR® rifle was born. Just as race car technology trickles down to consumer automobiles, so do these time and battle-tested firearms now become a modern sporting rifle platform for civilian gun enthusiasts.
The TAVOR® is a perfect fusion of an ordnance grade steel receiver coupled to a Mil-Spec cold hammer forged barrel and encased into a high-impact strength polymer uni-body with exceptional situational ergonomics. The ultra-compact form factor allows for easy transitions in close quarter situations…or even in your favorite deer blind. The bullpup design moves the center of gravity of the rifle closer to the users’ body allowing for more instinctive aiming and improved acquisition time to target. This innovative design also allows for a full length barrel, which means no loss of down range ballistic accuracy. Near and far range accuracy is enhanced by the minimized recoil provided by a non-lubricated long stroke gas piston system. With the exception of a hand-specific locking bolt, the rifle is completely ambidextrous allowing for easy left-hand conversion of the operating handle, ejection port, fire-control safety, sling swivel receptacles and fore-mounted accessory Picatinny rail. The TAVOR® is supplied with IDF-tested and approved magazines – but you can also use your own AR-15/M16 style magazines.
- Bullpup configuration; short rifle convenience with long rifle accuracy
- Mil-Spec , chrome lined, cold-hammer forged CrMoV barrel, 6 groove 1:7 RH twist
- Optional 9mm Parabellum conversion kit with CHF barrel, 1:10 twist, CrMoV steel
- Optional 5.45x39mm conversion kit with CHF CrMoV barrel, 1:7½ twist, chrome lined
- 100% ambidextrous configuration and operation with optional left hand bolts for 5.56 NATO and 5.45x39mm
- Integral folding adjustable backup iron sights with Tritium front post (flat top models only)
- Integral ambidextrous front and rear quick detachable sling swivel receptacles
- Simple field stripping into easily serviceable subassemblies
- Mil-Std 100% interchangeability of all TAVOR® SAR parts
- Mil-Std bayonet lug on 18" barreled models
- Uses standard AR-15/M16 magazines
- Last round hold open on empty magazine
- All metal parts are treated for corrosion resistance
- Integral rubber recoil pad
- Assembled in the US from Israeli and US manufactured parts
- Optimized ergonomic design for increased comfort and ease of use
- Clean, long stroke piston operation
- Body constructed of high-strength impact modified polymer
PLEASE NOTE: If you live in a magazine restricted state and the magazine that comes with the firearm would be illegal, we will remove the magazine from the order and ship the firearm to the dealer without the magazine. We cannot ship magazines to out of state addresses and we cannot alter or customize magazines at this time. There will be no discounts for removal of magazines or other custom magazine options offered. If you are located in California and are purchasing a rifle we will be glad to send the mag to the FFL dealer as a parts kit. It is your responsibility to discuss this in advance with your dealer. We do not offer parts kits to any other states since it is only legal in CA.
It is your responsibility to be familiar with your current local gun laws BEFORE placing your order. Please feel free to email us with questions you may have.
Eotech weapon Sight not Included , Please see the listing below if you would like to add a Eotech 512 to your order